Friday 13 November 2009

Not such a positive view of hypo awareness.

Blood glucose: 6.5mmol/l (117mg/dl)

Wow, low symptoms are 10,000 times worse than I remembered.

On Thursday I dropped to the 50s and just completely panicked. Not at the number - at how I felt. My legs were twitching and I felt on the verge of collapsing. Considering that I hadn't been feeling 20s and 30s up to this week, I'm not really sure what has happened. I was standing at my locker, eating chocolate and seriously considering asking someone for help. I felt that dizzy and faint.

Today I had a low in the 60s during a chemistry test and I couldn't even thing about the test. My brain just felt like it had slowed down completely. I have no idea what is happening. I'm not used to feeling that bad in the 60s.

Much as I hate the low symptoms, at least I'm catching them earlier. It's funny, though, because I felt so close to passing out yesterday when I've been LO before without even the thought of passing out in my mind. Makes me wonder whether people with hypo awareness would collapse at an earlier point than people who can't feel hypos. I mean, if your legs are shaking and twitching, it's bound to be easier to collapse, right?

The other thing is, at least I'm actually running low enough to HAVE lows. I've been a bit higher than usual for quite a while, so it's good to see that my (fairly aggressive) changes are actually working. Considering the amount I'm eating (I had 2 lunches yesterday and 3 dinners today xD) it's quite an achievement that I've stayed below 153 (8.5) all day. :D So.. I might gain a bit of weight, but at least my numbers are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment