Tuesday 3 November 2009

First Day Back

Blood glucose: 8.0mmol/l (144mg/dl)

First day back at school today after October break. It was downright depressing, to say the least. Couldn't sleep at all last night, and I was over 200 all night and despite constant corrections, stayed there until the morning... Even after a relatively commonplace non-spikey breakfast of cheerios and soy milk, I still had a spike from breakfast and got to Philosophy at 9AM feeling all sticky from being high for so many hours, only to be greeted with some essays to do.

As if things couldn't get worse, we then got told that we had our HPV vaccinations second period, which I had free. I had so much work to do that I sat in the queue for the jab doing my chemistry. In the queue, I accidentally ripped my infusion set out, and had to do an impromptu set change. The easy set (sure-T for those over the pond) is at least, well, easy. (: But it was still a tad weird to be sticking needles in myself around all these needle panicked girls who were worried about fainting at the vaccination.

As we approached the front of the queue, the lady came out and said "the nurses are having a break now, come back at fourth period if you haven't had the shot yet". So, I'd wasted my entire hour's free, and lost an infusion set, for absolutely nothing. (As you can see, today was amazing.)

Chemistry passed relatively uneventfully, and there was apple and blackberry crumble for lunch, which was the best thing about today. :D As we walked past the shot room, we saw that they were still giving them to people, and went in and got stabbed by the lovely nurses.

Dialogue goes...

Nurse: How many times a day do you take your insulin?

Me: I wear an insulin pump... So... Constantly, I guess.

Nurse: WOW, you need a pump; you must have it BAD.

*eyeroll*

I then had two hours of maths, and finally it was time for philosophy society (the best part of the day!). We went up to the philosophy room, and saw a notice on the board saying "PHILOSOPHY SOCIETY IS NOT ON TODAY! (:"

This was more of a diary entry than a blog, but hey, I don't own a diary so this serves both functions. I really hope tomorrow is better than today. I think I'll start off by going to bed and getting to sleep before 3AM. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment