Saturday 7 November 2009

Frustrated

Blood glucose: 13.0mmol/l (234mg/dl)

I'm always in the 200s nowadays, and I don't like it.

I'm worried for what my next A1C will be, and just plain scared of what this sort of number will do to my body in the future.

I don't want this diabetes thing. I wish I could just give it back, and I hate that I can't. I wish they would hurry up and get us the cure already.

I have been working on my Extended Project Qualification today. It's basically a 5000 word in depth essay on a topic that you knew nothing about before you started working on the project. I'm doing mine on the psychology behind religion, which is both an interesting and infuriating at times topic. It involves reading quite a lot of Freud, who, although he writes his ideas well and with conviction, tells nothing more than one possible story. For all his ramble about how psychoanalysis is better than religious faith because it is based upon real worldly experience, the conclusions he draws don't seem to have come from his experience of the world at all. Little annoying. At least the fantasy aspect makes his books quite fun to read.

Me and my mummy also went to the theatre to see a funny(ish) play.. AND I found out that Derren Brown is going to be at a theatre about 20 minutes drive from where we live, which is SO cool. I really have to go see him. I'm only in love with him! I've never been so disappointed to hear that somebody is gay.

Oh, and I'm no longer sick. :D So life is good except from the diabetes related frustrations. For the BG issues I'm seriously considering just starting over using the rules from "Pumping Insulin" and hoping for the best... Getting some good advice from CWD parents though (what would I do without them!?) so that might not have to happen. Rage induced massive changes can end in disaster...

No comments:

Post a Comment