Thursday 12 November 2009

CGMS!

Blood glucose: 4.3mmol/l (77mg/dl)

I got a wishy washy letter from my GP today, letting me know that a decision has still not been made about whether they will cover the CGMS for full time use. They appear to have agreed to cover it for "intermittant" use (whatever that means, exactly). They will not cover the transmitter.

So, we're paying out of pocket for the starter pack (which comes with transmitter, 10 sensors carelink USB and basics) and continuing to beg the primary care trust to fund as many sensors as they will agree to. Even 1-2 a month would be SUCH a help, considering they're 37.50GBP each.

I expect to end up using it only around 50% of the time, but that would be awesome. Even just having it for times of illness, random lows, growth spurts, exam time etc. would be amazing. :D

I just want all the paperwork to go through so I can get onto the CGM as soon as humanly possible.

I'm pretty happy today! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment